The School Newspaper of Dodge City High School

The Dodger

DCHS Host their Annual Honors Banquet

Paola Aguinaga, Media PR

BY PAOLA AGUIÑAGA — On April 17 Dodge City High School hosted their 26th annual honors banquet at the Knights of Columbus Hall. According to their program all junior and senior students who have a 3.5 cumulative grade point average are welcome to join the National Honors Society. Their applications will be reviewed by a faculty council who then recommends membership into the society based on scholarship, leadership ability and character.

One senior male and female who have proven to be the two most outstanding citizens of Dodge City High School were rewarded the Kansas State High School Activities Association Citizenship Award. They have proven to be the most outstanding citizens of DCHS by proving they are respectful, responsible, and meet the reverence criteria. The Governor’s Scholars Award was given to the top 1% of the graduating class. Seniors who scored a 32 or higher on the ACT assessment were awarded the ACT Exceptional Academic Performance Award. One male and female student who had the highest grade point average at the end of the seventh semester of high school were awarded the United States Marine Corp Scholastic Excellence Award. Students receiving the Regents Diploma are recognized as being the Kansas Scholars Recommended Curriculum Completers by having taken the Kansas Scholars’ curriculum for college preperation. Students who take the ACT test during their junior year or by december of their senior year of high school, complete with Regents recommended curriculum, and having their seventh semester GPA certified by a high school official were awarded as being State of Kansas Scholars. Students with a 3.800 or above grade point though their seven semesters of study were awarded a medal to wear at graduation and recognized as seniors with Academic Distinction. Students who maintained a grade point average ranging from a 3.6 to a 3.799 through their seven semesters of study were also awarded a medal to wear at graduation and were recognized with Academic Honors.

DCHS Host their Annual Honors Banquet