The School Newspaper of Dodge City High School

The Dodger

NHS inducts new members

Karime Gallegos, Staff Reporter

NHS: National Honor Society works with leadership, service, scholarship and character. The NHS club is only for juniors and seniors with a 3.5 G.P.A.

“I wanted to become more involved in the community which is why I joined National Honor Society,”said Mireya Chacon, 12

Chacon is also the vice-president.

She also said she wanted to work with more students.

“Not only that, however I’ve met great people and it’s fun working with them,” she said.

To become a member of National Honor Society, you have to prove your leadership, character scholar, and service skills by filling out an application of any school activities, also I believe you have to a minimum of 3.5 GPA.

“I’m excited to be the vice-president this year and hopefully we bring in more people to participate in our Red Cross Blood Drives,” said Chacon.

For Chacon, NHS has been something she’s been waiting for.

“I joined NHS last year, my junior year, to me NHS is a perfect opportunity to do community service and get involved,” she said.

In order to get into NHS, you have to have leadership skills, be involved in extracurricular activities, volunteer, and maintain good grades also, you have to be a junior or senior.

“I am excited to have more projects this year than last year and be more involved in the community,” said Citlalli Cobian president.

These members will gear up for their annual Blood Drives, they hold at least two during the year.

NHS inducts new members