Second blood drive equals success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Second blood drive equals success

Leslie Rodela, Staff Reporter

On March 27, the National Honor Society and HOSA partnered up to host the second blood drive. This was the first time HOSA assisted with the drive. HOSA is a new club this year and it’s for students who are interested in medicine. The new club is full of volunteer opportunities for students. HOSA also has medical professionals come speak to members at meetings.

The most recent blood drive was a success. About 41 units of blood were collected for donation in total and will be given to those in need of it.

Members of both organizations volunteer to help as escorts, set up, clean up, giving donors snacks, and signing anyone up to donate. Some of them even donated their own blood.

The next blood drive will be help on Tuesday, May 1 in the Auxiliary Gym. Since this blood drive is so close to the last, a whole new set of donors will be needed donate.

There are certain requirements to be able to donate blood. You must be at least 17- years-old. Students can also be 16-years-old to donate as long as they and a parent fill out a written form before the donation. To see the full list of requirements and eligibility, go to redcrossblood.com.

To sign up for the blood drive, go to redcrossblood.org, enter the zip code, and select Dodge a City High School for Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Select a time slot that works for you and create an account if you don’t have one so that your information will be saved for the drive.

Please consider donating blood because you can save a life! Email Mr. Hutchcraft at [email protected] or stop by his room in H231 for any questions on how to become a donor. For more information on how to become a member of HOSA, sign up for the club through the OP pass system or contact Mrs. Martinez or Mrs. Jones for any questions.