The Dodger

Tips to get ready for Thanksgiving Break

Back to Article
Back to Article

Leslie Rodela, Staff Reporter

The holiday season officially kicks off next week as students and staff begin Thanksgiving break on Nov. 22. Thanksgiving is a time for family and being thankful for the things in our lives. Spend time with your family when celebrating because it’s holiday moments like these that will be remembered and cherished the most. Put down the phone and log out of social media to truly experience a great time with the people you love. Take some time to truly appreciate everything in your life whether it’s your family members, friends, your house, the food, clothing, or anything else we take for granted.

A great way to spend the break is helping out at home. If Thanksgiving is hosted at your house this year, help your parents out by cleaning and preparing for the guests. Another way to help is by assisting your parents with the cooking. Even if it is the simplest task, it will really help and your parents will greatly appreciate it. These are great examples of how you can help your parents and it’s a great opportunity to bond with them as well.

It’s great to have five days off from school to sit back and relax, but it is also a great opportunity to catch up on schoolwork and get ahead on assignments. Getting a head start on assignments will pay off in the long run. It’ll be one less thing to worry about once we get closer to finals week at the end of the semester, where students experience the most stress. If your caught being bored and with nothing else to do, consider doing homework. It will not hurt getting started on that worksheet, essay, or presentation.

Thanksgiving break also means Black Friday sales happening that same day and the next day. Black Friday is known to get pretty crazy as many people rush and tend to fight each other while trying to get great deals in stores. Safety is very important when it comes to these events. Back away if a situation begins to escalate and be really careful during these events. You should also respect the store employees as they are stuck working on this holiday so that you can shop for your enjoyment.

This Thanksgiving break, really try to spend it with your family and create many memories. These are the times when we should really appreciate them since most of us are almost off to college and won’t get to see them everyday like we’re used to. Offer to help them and just make their lives easier. If you have extra free time, do some homework and take advantage of the days off from school. Use caution when shopping on Black Friday and be courteous to the employees working on Thursday night.

The Publications staff would like to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Leslie Rodela is a junior. This is her first year on the Publications Staff.

• Tips to get ready for Thanksgiving Break

Sports

Dodge City loses third place, finishes in fourth

News

Demons fall short of Championship game

News

DCHS implements new breakfast bars

Sports

Dodge earns semi-final spot after defeating the Salthawks

Sports

Red Demon Basketball Breaks Scoreboard Record

Student Life

Students “Let It Be” in Floorshow themed showcase

Opinion

Dodger Asks: What does it mean for your to be nominated for Floorshow?

News

Press Release: Dave Foster announced Kansas Shrine Bowl 2019 Assistant Coach

News

FCA holds Operation Christmas Child tradition

News

November Student of the Month

The School Newspaper of Dodge City High School