The Dodger

DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Back to Article
Back to Article

DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Staff Reports, DCHS Dodger

The Dodge City High School Athletic Department has announced the hiring of Ashley Podschun as the new Head Volleyball coach of the Red Demons – pending Board of Education approval at the next scheduled meeting.

Ashley is a graduate of Chaparral High School as well as DC3 and Washburn University. She currently works in the district at Dodge City High School as a Health Science teacher and coach. Ashley is currently in her second season as the Head Softball Coach of the Lady Demons and she served as the Junior Varsity Coach this fall for the Lady Demon Volleyball team.

At Chaparral High School, Ashley played volleyball for the legendary coach Gina Clark. She was a three year letter winner and three year starter for the Lady Roadrunners. She was all-league player her senior year, as well as Class 3A Honorable Mention selection her junior and senior seasons. The Lady Roadrunners were Sub-State Runner-ups in her sophomore, junior and senior years, losing to the eventual 3A State Finalist (Conway Springs) her junior and senior years. Ashley had offers to play college volleyball, but chose to play softball at the collegiate level at Dodge City Community College – playing for Coach Howie Smith. Ashley finished her collegiate playing career at Washburn University.

Ashley earned her BS in Athletic Training, with a minor in Biology from Washburn. Upon completion of her playing career at Washburn, Ashley served as a Graduate Assistant in the Ichabod Softball program. Before accepting a teaching and coaching position at DCHS, Ashley was the Assistant Athletic Trainer at Dodge City Community College.

“Ashley understands the vision of the DCHS Athletic Department – to develop character in all of our athletes, and is committed to making a difference at Dodge High. We have been very impressed with Ashley’s knowledge of the game this fall and how she was coaching our student-athletes on and off the court. We believe Ashley is going to be a great fit for the Lady Demon Volleyball program. She has grown as a coach and understands how to teach the game with, passion and enthusiasm,” said Shawn Steiner, DCHS Activities Director

Ashley was an extraordinary hard worker and very coachable. Those qualities are also what makes her a terrific coach. Not only does she understand what it takes to be a champion as an athlete, but the dedication, time commitment, and relationship building skills you have to have to be a championship coach as well. Dodge City is fortunate to have hired such a high-caliber coach for their program. She will work to continually improve the program while also helping the athletes be the best they can be. –Gina Clark – Former Anthony-Harper-Chaparral Volleyball Coach

Report based on DCHS Athletics Press Release

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Student Life

Students “Let It Be” in Floorshow themed showcase

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Opinion

Dodger Asks: What does it mean for your to be nominated for Floorshow?

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

News

Press Release: Dave Foster announced Kansas Shrine Bowl 2019 Assistant Coach

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

News

FCA holds Operation Christmas Child tradition

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

News

November Student of the Month

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Opinion

Dodger Asks: What was your favorite part of the 2018 Drill Team trip?

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Opinion

Dodger Asks: What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year?

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Student Life

Drama Club performs No Vacancy

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Student Life

Clubs host blood drive

• DCHS hires new head volleyball coach

Opinion

Dodger Asks: How do you feel about the changes to P/T Conferences?

The School Newspaper of Dodge City High School
DCHS hires new head volleyball coach